NDIS – COVID-19 Update
This has been a very difficult and confusing time for many participants, with a lot of changes to supports and to the way their funds have been managed.
Now that things are beginning to get back to some kind of ‘normal’ the Minister for NDIS has announced some changes to disability supports for NDIS participants.
These changes will occur from the 1 July 2020.
- The temporary increase of 10% for certain core and capacity building supports will be removed. Therefore, your rates should return to pre-COVID rates as per the NDIS guidelines.
- Cancellation periods will return to 48hrs, without a cancellation fee being charged. Providers can now only take 90% of the prescribed fee if you have a late cancellation charge.
- Medium term accommodation is back to the original 90 days period.
- Providers can charge for travel, they must speak to you before charging for travel, the recommended amount is no more than 0.85c per km.
- Plan managers can charge you for telephone advise, personalized planning, training videos made for you.
- Establishment fees can be charged. If you commence a new agreement with a new provider they can charge a fee to complete their assessment, and set up service bookings. There is a formula used to determine the fee. Each provider can only charge you the fee once, even if you have several support categories with them. The following supports have an establishment fee.
- 0104 High Intensity Daily Personal Activities
- 0125 Participation in community, social and civic activities
- 0136 Croup and center- based activities
- Group supports funding has been changed, you will now be charged for your share of time spent and not on a ratio of worker to participant.
- High intensity supports will be better defined, to ensure the fee you pay correlates to the skills of the support worker.
- Temporary Transformation Payments will drop, currently the base fee is increased by 7.5%, this will drop to 6% from July 1.
This is a lot of information to take in and keep up with, if you are unsure speak with your support coordinator, LAC or an advocate.
I have included the link below to assist you if you would like more information.
More information is available here
You can also reach out and I will attempt to answer your questions.
Stay safe and take care of yourself. x